Ides of March Eve Edition!
I'm steppin' out tonight. This is kind of a big deal.
!. Going to see WILD FLAG. They've got a reputation that precedes them. I've read the rave 160-character hashtagged reviews, I've watched the videos on y0utube, and listened to their single mp3. I believe this is the show I've been waiting for for a long while! Apparently, you need to stand on Mary Timony's side of the stage if you want to see some behind-the-head guitar noodling. MEET ME THERE.
2. Little Rock Half Marathon. Look, I'm not the sporty type, which makes it that more amazing that I signed up for it and completed the course. Our team raised more money for Heifer International than we hoped! I'd do it again.
3. Going to Memphis with KMHD.
We paid for just the atmosphere @ Arcade Restaurant. Their breakfast is shite, but there is one thing on the menu that makes the visit worth it. Sweet potato pancakes. My goodness.
4. Everything is in bloom! (Despite this horrible, gloomy weather.)
5. This:

6. FINALLY finding the Mummies 'Stronger Than Dirt' on vinyl.
7. New color wheel necklace!
8. These paintings:
9. Starf*cker's 'Julius'. Cringe-worthy band name, great song:
10. I'm just going to go ahead and gush over Twitter. It's very much like Magic Eye: you can do it with ease or you can't at all, there's no in between. It's like customizing your ideal news & entertainment feed and it's constantly evolving, too. Also, I get how people would see 140 characters as confining, BUT, I prefer that one makes a point in as little words as possible, please. Real time, real talk. #amdown


3 comments:
This facebook review from John Darnielle pretty much sums that up:
saw Wild Flag. Umm attention everybody who wants to see a rock show that takes you to that out-in-orbit this-is-the-best-music-I've-ever-heard place. Old friends like for example Joel H., Kurt R, Robin, all y'all, seriously. Wild Flag. Best damn show I've seen in forever, best new-band-from-people-in-another-band since the Bad Seeds. You heard me. Man oh man.
That show was so boss. I am so happy. I can't wait to post my crappy band photos and videos.
Re: desperately seeking Susan:
My mother-in-law is Susan; her husband, with whom she previously had an on-again, off-again relationship with for, like, ten years, is Jim. He pretty much chased her around the world to get her back (again). And he did. Good find; I sent it to her! xo.
Post a Comment